Terms & Conditions
For your safety & peace of mind...
Terms & Conditions
Last updated 28.12.23
- ‘Company’ means Together Tents Ltd.
- ‘Client ‘is the person hiring the equipment from the company.
- ‘Equipment’ is the bell tent(s) and other materials specified in the invoice and nothing else.
- ‘Period of hire’ is the period between completing the set up of the bell tent(s) and the dismantling.
- ‘Hire charge’ is the amount payable by the client to the company as specified on the invoice.
- ‘Invoice’ is the form issued by the company to the client requesting payment of the hire charge and containing details of the equipment and period of hire.
The company (Together Tents Ltd) will submit a written quotation referencing the terms and conditions below which the client shall accept in writing forming a contract.
In the absence of any written quotation or written acceptance, the verbal acceptance of goods received for hire or purchase will constitute a contract and acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
Unless stated in writing all orders are accepted subject to the terms and conditions of hiring stated below. By authorising or allowing work to proceed it is deemed that the client has acknowledged this.
The company reserves the right to amend our website and terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
The Company Undertakes:
- To deliver the equipment and proceed to erect it on or before the set up date shown on the invoice.
- To dismantle and remove the equipment from the site on or after the dismantling date shown on the invoice.
The Client Undertakes:
- To pay the non-refundable booking fee (25%) for each tent hired and to pay any outstanding balances no later than 28 days prior to the hire date. The company reserves the right not to provide the equipment should full payment not be received.
- For bookings made within 28 days before the hire start date, full payment is due immediately.
- To provide the company with either a plan showing the position in which the equipment is to be erected and all underground services and any apparent obstacles or to make available a representative on the site for that purpose. In the absence of both, then the company having erected the equipment where it thinks it shall fit shall be deemed to have completed the contract. In any event, the client and not the company will be responsible for any damage to underground pipes or cables.
- To obtain permission from any authorities who are or maybe concerned and to make applications where necessary to the planning authority, District Surveyor, Police, Fire Brigade and any similar authority or organisation. Any costs incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence or misrepresentation of all such necessary permissions and permits shall be payable by the client.
- Where appropriate to obtain a license from the local authority. Any requirements under the licence must be notified to the company in writing, at least 28 days prior to the erection. Should the company for any reason be unable to comply with these requirements then the client shall be notified and the contract shall be deemed to have been cancelled by the client.
- If any part of the equipment includes electrical apparatus to provide such power points or supply as may be reasonably required by the company within 25 metres of the equipment.
- Not to enter the equipment whilst it is being erected or dismantled by the company.
- Not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances without prior written consent of the company.
- Not to light or to allow to be lit, any fire, candle or other naked flame within the equipment. FIRE PITS are only to be used with written permission from the venue and placed a MINIMUM 15 METRES away from the bell tents. Fire pits must not be left unattended whilst in use and Together Tents Ltd accept no responsibility for any damaged caused to the grass/surface these are placed on/surrounding.
- Not to tamper with the structure or any part of the equipment including guy ropes and in particular not to affix or suspend from the equipment any item whatsoever without the company’s prior consent.
- No smoking is permitted in or within 5 metres of the bell tent(s) or of the company’s equipment.
- No animals are allowed inside the tents, without the previous consent in writing of the Company.
- The hire charge is based on the assumption that the client provides a firm and level site or turf, and is served by a main access road adjacent to the site with adequate hard standing for commercial vehicles, is free from flooding, trees and overhead obstructions. If that is not the case or if the client wishes the company to erect the equipment in a different position on the site to the one indicated by the client to the company at the time of booking and in either event the costs to the company are subsequently increased by reason of increase in labour costs or any other factor.
- The company may Increase the price in accordance with the company’s published price list and hourly labour rates then in force.
- In order for the bell tents to be erected the space required is as follows: For a 5m bell tent 7m is required to accommodate the guy ropes. For a 7m bell tent 9m is required to accommodate the guy ropes. Should you have any concerns regarding the site then please do contact us to discuss.
- The company will use all reasonable endeavours to supply the client with the equipment, but where this is not possible the company will notify the client as soon as possible with any alterations to the design and the specifications of the equipment and where alteration is fundamental the client may terminate this contract and any payment made will be refunded.
- For guest village bookings:
• A ‘holding deposit’ of £250 will be taken on the guest village. This will hold the number of guest tents asked for until 6 months prior to the event date. If less than 6 months, a date agreed with us. After this date the tents will be ‘released’ for other bookings.
• Once a village is paid for (by the client or guests) or tents are released then the ‘holding deposit’ will be returned or used as payment towards any tent booked by the original client.
• Other options available for payment on guest villages are: payment in stages if paying for the full village, direct contact given (e.g. email address) for guests so that they can be invoiced directly.
Loss and Damage:
- The client is wholly responsible for all equipment hired from the time of delivery until collection and will be responsible for the safe custody of the equipment during this period. Goods remain the property of the company at all times.
- The client must be satisfied with the equipment before use and should notify the company of any miscounts, incorrect deliveries and unacceptable equipment before use. Failure to do so will be the responsibility of the client and NOT Together Tents Ltd.
- All equipment on hire should be returned in a clean dry condition. Items delivered in carrying boxes must be made ready for collection by returning all items to the carrying boxes. Any items missing from the original hire due to pure negligence will be considered lost and replacement charges may be payable.
This provides you indemnity against the cost of any repairs should our equipment be accidentally damaged or lost during the hire period. Indemnity does not extend to damage caused by deliberate abuse or neglect. Damage waiver is included automatically for a 6% premium on the overall cost of hire and is non-refundable.
- The hire charge does not include making good any repairs to the site unless caused by the negligence of the company’s employees, agents or contractors.
- The company reserves the right to alter promotions/discounts at any time prior to booking.
In the event of the hirer cancelling the contract after a firm order has been placed, charges will be levied as follows:
- More than 28 calendar days’ notice – 25% total hire charge
- Less than 28 calendar days’ notice – 100% total hire charge
Exclusion of liability:
- The company will endeavour to deliver and collect the bell tent on the dates agreed with the client. However, Together Tents Ltd reserve the right to change this at anytime due to circumstances beyond our control, i.e a change in weather. The hire period is that stated on the Quotation/Invoice and any additional time cannot be guaranteed.
- The hire charges do not include attendance by the company’s staff except during the actual processes of erection and dismantling.
- Deliveries left at unattended premises are left at the client’s own risk.
- The company will take all reasonable care to avoid damage to the client’s own equipment, but cannot be responsible for any loss suffered by the client in respect thereof other than as a result of the negligence of the company’s employees, agents or contractors.
Third Party Liability
- The company will not be responsible for and the hirer will indemnify the company against all claims for injury to persons or loss of or damage to property howsoever caused unless it is proved that such injury or damage be caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on part of the company.
- The Client expressly acknowledges that The Company are not the original manufacturer or supplier of the equipment. The Company accepts no liability for any injury or death from any claim or proceedings arising from this contract with The Client.
The company will not be responsible for any loss of air from the airbeds during the hire period.
The airbeds will be fully inflated at the beginning of the hire, but due to factors such as temperature, amount of usage, length of hire, airbeds may lose air and deflate slightly.
The company agrees to leave a spares box with pump and spare bed(s) on site if required.
Tent Allocation – larger tent bookings
Where possible, the company will try and accommodate any requests including neighbouring guest tents, tent colour and positioning for special requirements however the client accepts that for larger bookings of more than 2 tents this may not be logistically possible.
- The Company will not be liable for any: Act of God including but not limited to tempest, fire, flood, storm or natural disaster; War, civil war, sabotage or act of terrorism; Government sanction, embargo, import or export regulation or order; Labour disputes, including strikes, lockouts, boycotts or other industrial action; Failure in the transportation of equipment, machinery or personnel or in the provision of any utility including power, gas, water, or communication services.
- While every effort will be made by the company to carry out any order accepted, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the company consequent upon act of god, war, strikes, riots, lock-outs or other labour disturbances, fire, flood, restrictions on the use of transport, fuel or power, requisitioning, shortage of material or transport or labour or any other cause beyond the control of the company.
- If the event for which the tents have been hired is cancelled, The Company will not be liable.
- When adverse weather is expected the company will work with the client to work on an alternative plan for set up. Please note that we are unable to erect tents when winds faster than 30mph are expected.
- Care is to be taken at all times leading up to and during adverse weather. In the event of adverse weather, the safest place is indoors, away from the bell tent. These are temporary structures and if access to a building is not possible, then individuals are encouraged to seek shelter in their vehicles.
Price Match Promise
If you find a cheaper bell tent hire price from an alternative supplier, we’ll do our best to match it. Visit our ‘Price Match Promise‘ page for full details.
Covid 19 and other notifiable diseases
Our Covid policy is determined by Government guidelines. As there are not current restrictions, our usual terms and conditions apply. However, if the Government does change its position, our policy will be updated accordingly.
Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
To redeem your voucher please get in touch with us at: email@example.com
- This voucher is valid for the dates specified only.
- This voucher is non-refundable, non-transferable & should be redeemed by the date shown. Customers are responsible for observing the expiry date.
- We advise you to book well in advance to secure your date of choice.
- All bookings are subject to availability at the time of booking. Bookings are generally for a 2-night hire but set up & take down dates will be agreed upon in advance (as much as is possible). Certain date restrictions may apply.
- All vouchers will be asked to be presented/reference number/name given at the time of booking.
- All bookings must be within Hampshire.
- Where the voucher specifies a monetary amount, this will be used as part payment towards the hire. The rest of the payment then falls under our general Terms & Conditions & a 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the booking. The final payment is then due 28 days before the hire. If the hire is within 28 days of booking then full payment is required.
- All bookings are subject to our usual hire Terms & Conditions.
This contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.